President Bush: http://www.concordbridge.net/NSPD-51.htm/
1Claiming by executive order emergency powers unauthorized by Congress .
2Conducting nation-wide mass arrest exercises in 2005, 2006 and 2007.
3Obtaining from Congress removal of legal impediments to the indefinite detention of US citizens without trial.
4 Obtaining from Congress the authority to use federal troops for domestic police duties, by nullifying the Posse Comitatus Act of 1878 .
5Obtaining from Congress the authority to use national guard units, without the consent of state's governor, in that or any other state.
6Establishing programs to assist in the implementation of martial law using business community, academics, and clergy.
7 Authorizing by executive order seizing assets of anyone "undermining efforts to promote economic reconstruction and political reform in Iraq".
8 and, Contracting for the construction of high capacity detention centers throughout the country.http://www.concordbridge.net/NSPD-51.htm/
here is the official White House Press release link for NSPD 51
National Security Presidential Directive 51(2) In this directive: (a) "Category" refers to the categories of executive departments and agencies listed in Annex A to this directive; (b) "Catastrophic Emergency" means any incident, regardless of location, that results in extraordinary levels of mass casualties, damage, or disruption severely affecting the U.S. population, infrastructure, environment, economy, or government functions;
(10) Federal Government COOP, COG, and ECG plans and operations shall be appropriately integrated with the emergency plans and capabilities of State, local, territorial, and tribal governments, and private sector owners and operators of critical infrastructure, as appropriate, in order to promote interoperability and to prevent redundancies and conflicting lines of authority. The Secretary of Homeland Security shall coordinate the integration of Federal continuity plans and operations with State, local, territorial, and tribal governments, and private sector owners and operators of critical infrastructure, as appropriate, in order to provide for the delivery of essential services during an emergency.
(22) Revocation. Presidential Decision Directive 67 of October 21, 1998 ("Enduring Constitutional Government and Continuity of Government Operations"), including all Annexes thereto, is hereby revoked.
(23) Annex A and the classified Continuity Annexes, attached hereto, are hereby incorporated into and made a part of this directive.
(24) Security. This directive and the information contained herein shall be protected from unauthorized disclosure, provided that, except for Annex A, the Annexes attached to this directive are classified and shall be accorded appropriate handling, consistent with applicable Executive Orders
Of course the classified material is classified for a reason?
(6) The President shall lead the activities of the Federal Government for ensuring constitutional government. In order to advise and assist the President in that function, the Assistant to the President for Homeland Security and Counterterrorism (APHS/CT) is hereby designated as the National Continuity Coordinator. The National Continuity Coordinator, in coordination with the Assistant to the President for National Security Affairs (APNSA), without exercising directive authority, shall coordinate the development and implementation of continuity policy for executive departments and agencies. The Continuity Policy Coordination Committee (CPCC), chaired by a Senior Director from the Homeland Security Council staff, designated by the National Continuity Coordinator, shall be the main day-to-day forum for such policy coordination.
"The directive specifies that the president has the power to declare a catastrophic emergency and does not specify who has the power to declare said emergency over. It is unclear how the National Security and Homeland Security Presidential Directive will reconcile with the National Emergencies Act, a U.S. federal law passed in 1976, which gives Congress oversight over presidential emergency powers during such emergencies. The National Emergencies Act is not mentioned in the unclassified text of the National Security and Homeland Security Presidential Directive. After receiving concerned communications from constituents, in July 2007 U.S. Representative and Homeland Security Committee member Peter DeFazio made an official request to examine the classified Continuity Annexes described above in a secure "bubbleroom" in the United States Capitol, but his request was denied by the White House, which cited "national security concerns." This was the first time DeFazio has been denied access to documents. He was quoted as saying, "We're talking about the continuity of the government of the United States of America...I would think that would be relevant to any member of Congress, let alone a member of the Homeland Security Committee." After this denial, DeFazio joined with two colleagues (Bennie Thompson, chairman of the committee; and Chris Carney, chairman of the Homeland Security oversight subcommittee) in a renewed effort to gain access to the documents. What I find very disturbing is that it goes beyond Marshal Law and the suspension of Habeaus Corpus to include Tribal Governments and private sector owners under direct control of the Enduring Constitutional Government.Private Security Companies such as Blackwater.The leaders of these tribal government may be more than willing to conform due to the great profit they have been baited with in the form of their very lucrative Casinos and Gaming Centers though they are considered Sovereign Nations. Of course the classified material is classified for a reason? The directive specifies that the president has the power to declare a catastrophic emergency and does not specify who has the power to declare said emergency over. It is unclear how the National Security and Homeland Security Presidential Directive will reconcile with the National Emergencies Act, a U.S. federal law passed in 1976, which gives Congress oversight over presidential emergency powers during such emergencies. The National Emergencies Act is not mentioned in the unclassified text of the National Security and Homeland Security Presidential Directive."
Bush's detention facilities May30,2007:
"Houston-based KBR, formerly the engineering and construction subsidiary of Halliburton Co., has a contingency contract in place with the Department of Homeland Security to construct detention facilities in the event of a national emergency. Immigration and Customs Enforcement, or ICE, spokeswoman Jamie Zuieback confirmed yesterday in a telephone interview that the KBR contract for $385 million was awarded initially in January 2006 for a one-year base period with four one-year options. It has been extended into 2007. KBR held a previous emergency detention contract with ICE from 2000 to 2005."
Gas at $4.00 /Gal . basically immobilzes most of the civilian population in the event of a need to escape.It will go beyond $5.00. And then $6.00.If you can't buy the gas you don't go anywhere, right?Or you don't get very far.
Blackwater Sister Corp Wants a US Court To Impose Shari'a Law In A US Lawsuit
And it is not as if Blackwater doesn't have some very high priced lawyers that would know that in a constitutional government this would be an empty ambition....they have a good chance of at least having this case heard under their proposal...if at the least it delays justice for a minute for these widows.They have inside info that they have a good chance because it's rigged.It's a test balloon!
A question posed by a reader."Now I'm no Blackwater expert, but do you believe that Blackwater could take on the entire US Airforce, Army, and Navy? It's seems a little unlikely to me."
They would not have to under NSPD51 (National Security Presidential Directive 51).They would be executing officers and NCO's that refused to adhere/conform to this suspension of the Constitution.This is a test balloon!They are not accountable! Never have been! What lies in the classified part of NSPD 51?Why was Homeland Security Committee member Peter DeFazio denied access to this classified document?
Another attempt at deriding the Constitution."WASHINGTON (CNN) -- A call by President George W. Bush for Congress to give him the power to use the military in law enforcement roles in the event of a bird flu pandemic has been criticized as akin to introducing martial law" 10/06/2005http://edition.cnn.com/2005/POLITICS/10/05/bush.reax/
What I find very disturbing is that it goes beyond Marshal Law and the suspension of Habeaus Corpus to include Tribal Governments and private sector owners under direct control of the Enduring Constitutional Government.Private Security Companies such as Blackwater.The leaders of these tribal government may be more than willing to conform due to the great profit they have been baited with in the form of their very lucrative Casinos and Gaming Centers though they are considered Sovereign Nations.
Heres another Test Balloon
The Examiner,June 4th,2008Lanier plans to seal off rough ’hoods in latest effort to stop wave of violence
"WASHINGTON D.C. police will seal off entire neighborhoods, set up checkpoints and kick out strangers under a new program that D.C. officials hope will help them rescue the city from its out-of-control violence.Under an executive order expected to be announced today, police Chief Cathy L. Lanier will have the authority to designate “Neighborhood Safety Zones.” At least six officers will man cordons around those zones and demand identification from people coming in and out of them. Anyone who doesn’t live there, work there or have “legitimate reason” to be there will be sent away or face arrest, documents obtained by The Examiner show."
This is being done under EXECUTIVE ORDER. As in the Executive of the United States of America?
46 vehicles turned away."Police say they turned away 46 of the more than 700 vehicles that tried to pass through checkpoints. One person was arrested for driving with alcohol."